MY VIEW ON THE MOTHER DAUGHTER PAGEANT……

I wasn’t going to write about this at first but after deep thoughts and trying to put myself in the shoes of the kids and their mothers, I couldn’t help but blog about it.

Over the weekend, the grand finale of MOTHER-DAUGHTER PAGEANT Organized by silverbird group took place. When we all heard about the pageant, we all were extremely excited and had to commend Silverbird for the effort. The show was scheduled for the 17th of October 2015 and this was the maiden edition so obviously we didn’t expect it to be 100% perfect but at the same time we expected it to be worth it. A week before the grand finale which was to take place in Calabar, the 11 finalists, Mother and child were put on a voting platform were people were asked to vote every hour for their favorite candidate. The voting wasn’t easy cause you had to have a twitter account to actually vote on the site http://www.motherdaughterpageant.com and a lot of people don’t have twitter accounts, some do but don’t use it anymore, like me. So I had to re-open my twitter, those without twitter account had to register just so we could vote for her. Anyway the voting site was opened and we all had to vote and vote did we do. I remember waking up every morning to vote before I get off the bed, it got to a point I had my alarm going off every hour to remind me I had to vote. I even broadcasted to my contacts to please help so my candidate could win. These things I did was done by the whole group and all her friends so first day of the voting when she had almost 1000 votes before the day ended wasn’t a surprise. By the last day of voting, my candidates votes were on 3000+, every other contestant wasn’t even up to 2000. Of cause we were all over joyed that our efforts has gathered so much votes.

Finally the grand finale came, we all were excited, hoping and praying even if our candidate didn’t win at least she would make it to top 3 if really it was about votes. First of all, a show that was to start at 7.00pm had us glued to the television enduring the poor red carpet presentation by 2 Nigerian presenters, finally after 2 hrs 30 mins, the show kicked off by 9.30pm (About time). The show was fun to watch no doubt, seeing the kids and their mothers bond. My candidate #teamrubyree impressed me all the way and I had no doubt she was going to make it to top 5 and if possible win the crown,. But then came #teamJustice with the daughters angelic smile that blew me off. Now I had 2 candidates, #teamrubyree and #teammjustice (who will take the crown).

A commercial break was observed and the top 5 were announced, questions were asked and I must say i was impressed by everyone. Another break was observed and when the show continued, the story changed. The presenter with an unsealed paper announced that apparently it wasn’t top 5 but actually top 6 so the sixth person #teamAngeegift was called up. Okay we all wanted to believe that silver bird wanted to be creative so we all brushed it off and continued enjoying the show. Finally it was time to announce the winner, and woo and behold, the forgotten 6th finalist became the winner of the show( like really, who does that). To justify their actions, the said the winner had more likes on Facebook and Instagram (hmmmmmm abeg isn’t it http://www.motherdaughterpageant.com that is the voting site? how Facebook and instagram take join?) Anyway I agree they had more likes on Facebook and instagram that people can actual buy likes (I didn’t say they bought oh, I just dey talk my own). But that doesn’t count much, Top 5 yes! even the so called Top 6! but to now announce them winner? haba thats just completely questionable, The #TeamRubyree with the highest votes on the website didn’t even make it to top 3 so why create a voting site? smh!. Anyway I want to believe the governor who witnessed it had his own doubts because he stood up at that point and declared 1million each to all contestants.

As I said earlier, I never wanted to write about my thought concerning that pageant but after putting myself in the kids and mothers shoes, I just couldn’t help myself. Like I know most contests they cheat and all, but cheating so openly mehn its just so wrong on all levels and in front of 8 year olds who put in so much effort HABA!!!!. Like the main aim of the show has been lost. So for those of you that watched the show, I would love to hear your own views. Thank you.

XOXO
Tracy.

Advertisements

12 thoughts on “MY VIEW ON THE MOTHER DAUGHTER PAGEANT……

1. Dbalz says:

There was no where we were asked to vote on Facebook and Instagram; That was not made explicitly clear at the commencement of voting. Plus looking through the so called likes they had on Facebook and instagram; 80% of those likes were bought as the accounts used were false. The only way to get verifiable votes was on via the twitter platform were users had to log in and vote every hour. Let's assume they decide to use the cumulative votes on the there platforms, then TeamRubyRee ought to have been the first runner up.
    This was a scam (that's me trying to be civil)

2. Dbalz says:

here was no where we were asked to vote on Facebook and Instagram; That was not made explicitly clear at the commencement of voting. Plus looking through the so called likes they had on Facebook and instagram; 80% of those likes were bought as the accounts used were false. The only way to get verifiable votes was via the twitter platform where users had to log in and vote every hour. Let's assume they decide to use the cumulative votes on the three platforms, then TeamRubyRee ought to have been the first runner up.
    This was a scam (that's me trying to be civil)

3. Dbalz says:

This was a scam (that's me trying to be civil)

4. Anonymous says:

Silverbird if u want facts and pics to support what we are all saying then we are ready to put it up..For the accountant that 1st came out and certified the votes,I just pity you coz u weren't the one that came out later to announce but Guy.Else we would have ICAN revoke your certificate.A pageant that was organized with children involved,ended up with adult deceit ..Is that what they want to portray to the society?The entire likes on the MDP page was not up to the likes from Angie gift's Indian relatives likes.Why couldn't she manipulate the twitter votes?because there is no way you can vote more than an hour so she couldn't flood it else those her fictitious Indian friends on instagram would have been voting as well..We are not fools Silverbird..Your pageant was a big sham..You didn't even have a cheque to present to the winner at the end because no other sponsor supported your gimmicks.Else which competition ends without the presentation of the Grand prize in the open ? HAS ANY ONE EVERYTHING CONTESTED PROJECT FAME WINNER OR NAIJA IDOL OR Big Brother?No!!! Because the votes are all read out to the entire world..Statistics as people vote are shown and no sudden “Big reveal” addition to top 5 after the real votes were counted..Never also in a fair competition do we hear staff or relatives of staff allowed to participate for sake of transparency and professionalism but alas Silverbird at 35 are still the forerunners of pageants because no other tv believes in unethical ways of creating publicity.
    I WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MALE A LITTLE GIRL CRY! God does not like child deception/molestation by adults. #TeamRubyRee comes as the true and fair winner by genuine votes and the viewers choice.You can pretend for all I care but time will tell..The reputation you built for years has finally been exposed as it was built on man no man and deception..Shame on Silverbird @35! MDPN IS A BIG SC AM! STAGE THE MBGN NEXT SATURDAY..WE ALREADY KNOW GUY HAS TO TASTE THEM TO BE AMONG TOP 5..WHAT A SHAME!

5. Aisha Musa says:

If angee had the highest vote, how was it they omitted their name in the 1st place and made them 6th? And how come the other two got 2nd n 3rd place and RubyRee had no place when they had the highest votes. Is there where it's written on pageant page to like pix? It says go to twitter and vote. They can not justify what they did cuz it was totally wrong and please go look @ those that liked the IG and FB? Foreign people mostly Indian and funny countries #scam#

6. modupe pius says:

Yes, I did want #teamrubyree to win because the votes were clear. They did win team Ruby reel on Instergram but on Facebook, Twitter and even their own website, they were leading and that was obvious. Look, I just feel Silver bird didn't play a good game and it was put out there stupidly abeg.

7. Anonymous says:

In as much as many of us voted for team #Rubyree and wanted them to win, we have to be fair to Silverbird. Just like they said, the vote was a sum total of votes gotten from facebook, twitter, instagram and the website.
    If the team #ageegift had more votes, then so be it.
    Obviously if silverbird wanted to rig, they would have manipulated the votes on their website. They own the website so they had absolute control of it.

Sincerely, it's not difficult to do from the database if you own the website.

Kudos to silverbird for their creativity but the show can be better though. Not bad for a maiden edition.

8. Anonymous says:

It was team Ruby all the way, when I saw Angeegift, my eyes almost popped out of them sockets. and The owner of Silver bird speaks about change. this is so sad. My heart also goes out to all the kids who tried all they could and it was all thrown to the side. Well I have never been a fan of most of them companies who come up with different shows claiming they are credible, contestants are brought in, only to find out the winner has already been chosen even before the show starts… For me It is #Team Ruby. The figure head winner can take the crown, but we all saw it was Team Ruby that is our true winner.

9. Unknown says:

Like i'm still in shocked @ the turn of events, if you said someone had more likes on FB and IG, why wasn't she in the top 5, why go on a break and come back to declare the missing person as the winner… Everyone know they played #teamRubyRee that's why Guy Murray bruce couldn't look @ the audience. Common sense isn't common after all if they can display such nonsense. 35yrs of manipulations. Shame on Silverbird and it's owners.

10. RIRI EYE says:

I don't have an issue allowing an ex staff to participate but the problem is how can the so called highest vote candidate be omitted in the first place. So there's more to it. Well this is Nigeria, these things happen and may continue except our perception is changed.

11. Daezy Dwin says:

It was maniputed and so glaring and i can categorically tell you the winner is a staff of Silverbird that chaperones contestants in the pageant. I wonder why she was allowed to contest. All her likes on FB and Instagram was a sham. Go check the people that liked her they are bought and dont look real. Silverbird is a scam and sham im disappointed in Ben Bruce who has preached so much about corruption now his Organization is practising it in broad daylight. Lets kick against this kind of unfairness out of Nigeria it is so wrong. No more credibilty in our pageants.